Voice Over IP phone systems add a lot of great features that businesses can take advantage of, and are improving the way companies are using their voice communication. Besides the fact that supporting older analogue phone systems is becoming increasingly harder as technology carries us forward, here are 7 reasons why Toronto businesses should switch over to voice over IP.
- Cost Savings – This is everyone’s favorite, so let’s start here. Want to save some real money, especially if you do a lot of long distance calling? VoIP can significantly reduce the amount you spend each month on phone services.
- Take it Anywhere – If you or your staff work from home or on the road, a VoIP handset has the ability to plug into any network (some can even utilize USB for even more flexibility) and act like it were sitting on the desk in the office. It utilizes the same phone number, can access voice mail, and perform actions just like it would in the office.
- Less Complexity – VoIP phone systems have come a long way, and it makes it real easy to set up extensions, forwarding, voice mail inboxes, and even have it forward voice mails to email. These features have been possible for a long time, but VoIP makes managing it faster and easier (and cheaper!)
- Flexibility – You can make calls from other devices such as a computer or smartphone.
- Collaboration – If you run multiple offices (or even if you don’t), VoIP makes collaboration easy. VoIP combines well with online screen sharing and video conferencing.
- Scalability – When you expand while using traditional phone technology, you need to run a separate line specifically for phones. VoIP can transfer across your existing network lines, often without needing to run new lines. Some VoIP systems even work on WiFi for even more flexibility.
- Reporting – VoIP systems can perform all of the tasks that the most luxurious traditional phone systems can. Monitor and record calls, run reports, track call times, and much more.
Voice Over IP systems are becoming more and more attractive for small businesses where communications matter.