Our IT Security & Compliance Services protect you from cyber-attacks and non-compliance fines.
Companies of all sizes benefit from large-scale, lock-tight cybersecurity solutions. It makes sense to outsource your regulated security requirements to a Managed IT Provider who helps you make every decision from a security standpoint. From forward-looking research to best practice implementation to round-the-clock surveillance, PACE Technical is Toronto’s trusted provider.
What is Managed IT Security?
Paying a professional to secure your information technology to the highest standard is Managed IT Security. It’s a cost-effective solution that offers comprehensive coverage.
That’s why forward-thinking companies outsource their cybersecurity needs to a third-party IT services provider who monitors, manages, and protects the company's network, data, and endpoints (devices) against cyberattacks in real time.
How Does Compliance Enter Into It?
Over time, an industry’s case history of incidents creates a set of rules that guard against industry-specific threats with appropriate detection and response. Regulatory agencies enforce these time-tested rules to protect companies that operate under their umbrella.
Failure to comply may mean paying heavy fines each month until standards are met. Avoiding these penalties is easy when you rely on managed security and compliance services to protect your sensitive data—especially when you’re responsible for protecting the privacy of your clients’ data.
What are Examples of Regulatory Standards?
- SOC 2 (System and Organization Controls) is a second-generation regulatory compliance standard for data security
- ISO is the International Standard Organization for Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) that provides a framework of best practices to establish, maintain, and continuously improve the security of an organization's information assets in a systematic and cost-effective way
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act), federally legislates how organizations collect, use, and disclose personal information in commercial activities
- PHIPA (Personal Health Information Protection Act) is Ontario-specific legislation that protects patient privacy by regulating how personal health data is collected, used, and disclosed in Ontario's healthcare sector. It is a supplement to PIPEDA and it includes a formal process to correct health information.
- Credit card companies adhere to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). The penalties for non-compliance range from $5,000 to $10,000 per month until compliance is achieved
What are the Benefits of Cloud Security and Compliance?
Regulations elevate Cloud security controls by requiring that they adhere to specific standards designed to protect sensitive data and information.
The benefits of Managed IT Security and Compliance include:
- reduced risk of data breaches
- increased network security
- encrypted Cloud services/data centers (secure data storage)
- compliance with industry regulations (no fines)
- improved IT infrastructure management
- access management
- threat intelligence
- data encryption
- secure data storage
- regular security audits
- ongoing monitoring and support
As you can guess, the downside of going it alone without the help of an external provider is the reverse of the benefits listed above—with the added pitfall of damaging your company's reputation if you make a mistake in just one of these areas.
How Does a Managed IT Security and Compliance Provider Implement Regulation-approved Security Measures?
It’s a secret.
Okay, it’s not a secret, but it is complicated—not to mention super boring if you’re not familiar with the terminology.
But, in a nutshell - a Managed (third-party) IT Security team sets up a comprehensive cybersecurity ecosystem that starts with gated prevention components like:
- encrypted authentication protocols
- antivirus software
- intrusion detection
Then, security measures level up with ongoing sensitive data security assessments and testing that identifies endpoint vulnerabilities and flags new threats that may require new security measures:
- Phishing Protection & DNS Filtering
- Managed EDR & Threat Protection
- SOC & SIEM
- Penetration Testing
- Dark Web Monitoring
- Vulnerability Testing
Finally, continuous monitoring, incident response, scheduled compliance audits, cybersecurity training, and reports fortify the security posture and check all the regulatory boxes.
What is the Cost of Managed IT Security and Compliance?
Nobody likes the “it varies” answer. But it varies.
Cost depends on the:
- size of the organization
- level of security required by regulatory bodies to guard against potential (and ever-evolving) cyber threats, and
- scope of the services provided to meet compliance per industry
But these costs don’t vary!
A Managed IT Security and Compliance provider like PACE Technical provides set pricing plans based on the above factors so you can predictably budget for the service that protects your entire system month after month.
What are the Most Important Risk and Compliance Services from a Managed Service Provider?
Threats appear from outside your company in the form of targeted attacks. But threats also wiggle into your system from within, in the form of phishing scams, malware, and ransomware. A Managed IT provider manages your security system externally and internally to protect against all forms of attacks. And they do it like this:
- Conduct regular security audits to predict weak spots
- Remediate breaches with real-time disaster recovery measures
- Provide ongoing compliance support
When you hire a professional to handle risk and compliance, you put away your stress and question marks about security and regulations; your cybersecurity is aligned to your industry requirements, vulnerable areas are plugged, the doors are locked, and your compliance agency smiles at you all the way down the page.
Deciding to partner with a PACE Technical who excels at Security and Compliance is as easy as:
- Contact Tyler and Mike today to talk about how our Toronto-based Managed IT Security and Compliance services are a custom fit for your firm: [email protected].com or 905-763-7896
- We’ll provide a FREE no-obligation IT consultation
- Then we’ll design a custom security strategy that exceeds compliance standards for your firm
We work hard to prove your trust in PACE Technical is the smart decision.
For a fixed monthly fee, you’ll have access to a dedicated Client Success Manager and a small pod-based support team of 3-4 people to support you whenever you need help—at any time of the day or night. We get to know your pain points and we work proactively to minimize the need for reactive support tickets.